Alright, for a big Saints game like Monday night’s, I lose that day and the next to scouring the Internets for any and every mention of the game. A few observations:
- If you missed the game, here‘s the recap, courtesy of Gary.
- I love Bob Marshall’s environmental reporting, but does he know anything about the Saints? WTF is this “Who Dat talkin’ ’bout beatin’ dem Saints?” “Talkin’ bout???” Never heard anybody say it that way.
- Speaking of awkward writing, how about this excerpt from the NYTimes about the Pats: “They are 7-4 and still lead the American Football Conference East by two games.” Who the hell spells out American Football Conference? Someone who doesn’t write much about sports. Or is that just a stylistic thing like the New Yorker pompously spelling out all numbers and putting an umlaut over the 2nd e in words like re-establish?
- You gotta read Peter King on McKenzie’s re-signing. Turns out, a little initiative can really pay off. He was a real stud.
- Speaking of McKenzie, Dude, call me.
- And those Patriots will stop at nothing.
- If you love reading about the 12th person heroes as much as I do, take a listen to the first 12 min or so of Bill Simmons’ BS Report. This coming from a real Boston guy.
- Michael Homan received the following tweet about the game: Somebody show the Patriot’s defense the molestation doll and ask them “Where did Mr Brees touch you?”
- My brother texted me at 10:12pm the following: ESPN is doing everything possible to try to make this seem like a game. It ain’t. Saints are scoring at will…Brady looked like a beaten man on the sidelines in 2nd quarter.
- I hope if I’m ever involved in a worldwide scandal, these guys pick up the story and animate the re-enactment.